Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,508   Online: 1039

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kearsarge 403 - anybody got one? (Or a user manual)

I like to use a timer for print processing that I can program multiple times and sequence through them. Currently, I have a Spiratone Darkroom Director that has 9 channels. However, one has to use all nine! So, I program three times, um, three times. I.e.: 1-2-3; then the same in 4-5-6; amd again in 7-8-9. Fortunately, the timer will keep recycling through the 9 channels until it's turned off. It works, but it's a lot of programming for three values. I tried a Gralab 900, but wasn't satisfied with it for unrelated reasons. A local chap has a Kearsarge 403 for sale. It has 10 programmable channels, but that's all I know. Can I program 3 or 4 of the 10, leave the others blank, and sequence through them AND then repeat without having to re-program each time?

Hope that's clear ...

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a Palm kicking around:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/fototimer.shtml
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't you just program 4-9 with 0's?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use an old Vivitar Process Time Commander.

It gives three timer channels, that can be linked together. Drain time warning for before end of cycle chirping tone is adjustable.
    It can even be told to not chirp after the first warning.

It can be set to automatically go on to the next step, or can wait and time how long you are late until you manually advance it to the next step.

You must tell it what sequence to start with with, which can be a drag. The nice part is that you can start at any point. I regualrly start at progem 1, step 6, for 4 minutes of tiem to let me easily keep track of washing time, by reusing my c41 program's custim fixing time.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    For processing I think a computer of some source would be better than a dedicated timer. It can be just any kind of computer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin