Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,500   Online: 975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LPL 7452 - Wall Mount vs Baseboard (Pros & Cons?)

After much patience, I've finally landed this enlarger (well the head anyway!) for a price I couldn't knock back (aka: free!).

I had a look in the archives and have seen a few threads on wall mounting this baby, and think it would be an ideal way to go. (I have access to a couple of 6x7's, but I'm pretty certain, the columns differ hugely.)

To those of you who have one of these (or its variants), how did you go about it?

TIA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a few years since I used an LPL but I'd opt for wall mounting. I had a pair of enlargers wall mounted side by side with an moveable bench top that normally sat flush but could be slotted in at two lower positions for much larger enlargements. There's various ways to do this.

Currently I'm using two metal brackets I had made to wall mout a Durst the column just bots to the bottom one the top is just a stabiliser. You can do the same with an LPL

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might also consider a hybrid approach with the enlarger on a baseboard with a support arm from the wall to the top of the column. I like to be able to re-arrange my darkroom, so all my table-top enlargers are baseboard mounted and the big one is on wheels. I have a cement floor and column vibration has not been an issue. I am careful, though. For example I use a footswitch and don't touch the countertop before or during the exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, IC, do you have any pics that show how you attached your enlargers as described?

I'll admit, I'm more partial to the column, as it would mean I don't need to immediately adjust the darkroom I currently have, to drop shelving etc, but attaching to the wall may be the way I go, when it gets relocated late next year.

Decisions, decisions. . . . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I considered mounting mine on the wall, but instead went with mounting directly to the countertop and screwing the countertop to the studs. I may add a drop table, but leave this basic approach

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, that's an interesting idea! Now I just need to find a column to do so - if that's the route I choose. :O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Ian, IC, do you have any pics that show how you attached your enlargers as described?

I'll admit, I'm more partial to the column, as it would mean I don't need to immediately adjust the darkroom I currently have, to drop shelving etc, but attaching to the wall may be the way I go, when it gets relocated late next year.

Decisions, decisions. . . . . .
    For my enlargers they make this wall brace. The arms telescope out from how they are shown in the picture and attach to the top of the column. You could probably make something similar : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_for_the.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin