Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is probably a bit too much lateral thinking but I'm slowly putting together one of these for temp control for b&w developing. Sort of steampunk take on half a JOBO:

http://seattlefoodgeek.com/2010/02/d...-for-about-75/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    Bought this two years ago and works fine with 11x14 trays. At the minimum setting, keeps lith developer at about 100 degrees, which is what I use. http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CWT-...21302875&sr=8-
    Can you put a 16x20 on that puppy?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    This is probably a bit too much lateral thinking but I'm slowly putting together one of these for temp control for b&w developing. Sort of steampunk take on half a JOBO:

http://seattlefoodgeek.com/2010/02/d...-for-about-75/

I have done exactly this for c41 processing by hand. If you search my posts you will maybe find it. I list cheap components too. I used a imersion cup heater as heating element. I made my thing for less than $50.

edit: I see now that that site also does it, and they did it before me! Hey! whaddayaknow, somebody thinks the same way I do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent all day Sunday getting caaght up on a backlog of at least three months woth film processing.
    Funny how home renos can slow down what is really important in a photographers life

I had the radio on and tuned to CBC, and spent an hour listening to people talking up sous-vide cooking.
    At the time, I was working away on C-41, and was fishing chems out of the tempering water bath.

My regular tempering bath is an about 14l 'lunch box sized' cooler/esky wfitted with a modified aquqrium heater and aquarium circulation pump.

I was thinking that all it would need to turn it into a sous-vide rig would be to wind the thermostat a bit higher.
    I don't think I would show the dinner party guests how thier mean was prepared though.
    By now the cooler is slime and spilled chemicals stained beyond any desired food storage use.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin