Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,647   Online: 820

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Grain starts to look funny from diffraction. The diffracting aperture is related to magnification. At 50x f8 with a 50mm APO or non-APO lens, the effective aperture like f400.
    The loss of resolution from this unfortunate circumstance is the reason that an 8x10 internegative will lead to a better massive enlargement form a small format negative.
    Well I'm certainly not going the internegative route, there'd be two of them, right? If your example effective aperture is magnification based is it expressing the distance the diffracted rays have to travel, hence the amount they will diverge? If that's so then keeping the aperture as large as possible would help, yes? Maybe it's a job for the uber-magical 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor, wide open.

This will have to wait, I'm pulling electrical in the darkroom today and have to concentrate on telling black from white...

s-a

Some place in the 11x to 20x they will be equal. I would put my Peak / Omega in a corner and see for myself. Glass carrier required.

I used to use my 50 4.0 Takumar preset for anything. It was as good as my Schneider componons.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    s-a

good luck with your enlargement !
    i hope you have a large tray, sink ( with sponges ) or wallpaper troughs to develop the print in

i used to regularly make 16x20 ( or larger ) enlargements from 35mm negatives they looked fine.
    i was using a durst 601 and projecting on the floor and wall ...
    grain is un noticeable if you don't have your nose to the print, and depending on the film
    sometimes there is no grain at all.

i haven't used the film you mention, but i am sure you will know if you like it enlarged as big as you
    expect to enlarge it ... or not.

again ... good luck !
    john

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin