Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,219   Online: 1062

Shooter
    35mm

Jobo CP processor or similar

I'm considering starting to develop color films and so I began on a "hunt" for a jobo cppa 2 or cpe processors. But normally, the offer of this material is limited here and expensive (700€, for it is expensive. Had a bad luck of finding one cppa 2 for 200 but it was already sold) and when looking in the bay, I got the same result: expensive (or due to big demand, prices rocket) or the seller do not ship to my contry.
    I ask, and alternatives? I found some older model cpa that are not so "big priced". Is it good? Or there is some other alternative of other brand?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes prices on Jobo processors are rising. Strange, since they are not made anymore which means that parts and service is getting harder to get. One would expect the opposite in fact.

At any rate, unless you will be doing a LOT of processing (C-41 or E-6 BTW?), you don't really need any machine at all. A medium sized chilly bin to hold warm water, chemical bottles and tank(s) will do fine. I used to own a CPE but sold it (at a profit!) because for my C-41 work, setting it up etc. was just too tedious compared to filling water in the chilly bin, warming up the chemicals (microwave does a god and quick job of that) and tank and doing the short processing that C-41 requires.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasselblad View Post
    Yes prices on Jobo processors are rising. Strange, since they are not made anymore which means that parts and service is getting harder to get. One would expect the opposite in fact.
    Indeed, I saw jobo tanks and bottles being sold above 50€???
    Possibly, there is a enormous demand for the processors and so the prices go up, why the demand, possibly the idea that one must have to develop good the color/slide films.
    My post is old, I manage to buy a cpe2 for 140€ and now is what c-41 chemicals to buy and learn the steeps, etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin