Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,934   Posts: 1,557,038   Online: 1250

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you!

I should be getting it soon and a manual would be a great thing. I'll keep you posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a brief update... the densitometer arrived BROKEN! The yahoo packed it like a child and there was bakelite everywhere. It still works however, and I must say that the visual matching seems to be a very accurate system. I'm gonna try to find another clean one, but it should work in the meantime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    Bakelite can be glued (and restored) using two component epoxy glue. Get the slow curing brand, and use 3M tape to hold the parts during cure. If you remove the tape before total settling, you will have minimum trace. Epoxy glue can be colored and mixed with powder from small broken Bakelite to get the color right.
    I use this method when repairing old radio cases and it works quite well. A google search on radio restoration sites will give you a ot of good advices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin