Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,272   Online: 1018

Shooter
    35mm

Macbeth densitometer

I have a Macbeth densitometer which requires service; I believe that it is a TD 502 (could be a 508).

Could any of my fellow APUGgers direct me to a company which could service this unit? I am located in Ottawa, Ontario, and would prefer a repair service here in town, if one exists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Require service as in it's readings are off, or as in it is not putting out light, or no numbers to read. These are quite different issues.

Burned out bulb; well look in the base first; there was a time macbeth's shipped with a spare in the base; alas mine has a holder with no spare bulb.

Readings off - has it worked for you in the past? I had a spider set up home in one of the filter holes in the rotating filter turret a year ago.
    I had not used it in some months, and the weird numbers for magenta readings had me totally perplexed until I pulled the turret out and looked though the filters visually.

I have the owners manual for a TD504 that tells you how to adjust potentimeters on the back to correct it's gain and curve response. Mine are on so I have never tried to adjust it per these instructions.

Dead photmultiplier tube; give up, and buy another used one off the *bay. The fix of your unit will be much more expensive.
    I have yet to buy a spare bulb, in case my tube burns out first.

You may want to consider an analyser/timer in lieu of a densitomiter if shopping for a new unit. Some (Lici/Jobo) will do color.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin