Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,817   Online: 707

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If you want to easily revert the room back to a bedroom, have all of your plumbing on a panel and connect it to the hot and cold supplies using washing machine flexible pipes onto their matching taps (I'm assuming you have similar fittings to ours in the UK).

http://www.bhsdirect.co.uk/imageuplo...150&height=150

Steve.
    This is exactly what I'm planning-----the plumbing will be exposed on a panel that is attached to the wall behind the sink.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thought I would get some of your thoughts on this plumbing layout------it's pretty basic, but any thoughts are welcome, I could be missing something. The room dimensions are 10 x 10---the adjacent room opposite the long sink is a bathroom where I can tie into the drainage and hot and cold lines. I'm thinking of adding an additional smaller stand-alone sink as seen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom-layout003.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    Thought I would get some of your thoughts on this plumbing layout------it's pretty basic, but any thoughts are welcome, I could be missing something. The room dimensions are 10 x 10---the adjacent room opposite the long sink is a bathroom where I can tie into the drainage and hot and cold lines. I'm thinking of adding an additional smaller stand-alone sink as seen.
    Consider ball-valves between you darkroom plumbing and the rest of the house. If you spring a leak in the darkroom it will be much easier to fix if you can just shut off the darkroom, and not have to shut off the whole house and drain it. Also, when on vacation, you may sleep better knowing your darkroom water supply is shut off. Especially if you do the plumbing yourself.

Also, if you move and want to take your water panel with you, it will be a lot easier to do if you have the valves there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, I don't think a B&W darkroom needs a tempered water supply. The only reason I installed one is that a few years ago a guy on ebay was selling a bunch these Powers Photopanels un-used for $60 a piece.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    10-4 on the ball valves to isolate the darkroom plumbing----thank you. My plan is to use flexible washing machine hose from the hot and cold supply with shut-off valves as shown. I'll probably go ahead with the regulated mix, I certainly like the idea. I hope to get going on building the sink on my 4 day holiday weekend. My only concern about these plumbing plans is that I will have the drainage properly vented, I'm going to rely on the plumber for that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom-sink---plumbing004.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll have to say now that I have the thermostat, I'd miss it in a new darkroom. It makes filling the Jobo very easy and its already tempered when full. I didn't use PEX but in your case the PEX may be the way to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a master shutoff (ball valves) for the entire system and it certainly is useful. I also have temperature regulated output as well as a "standard" faucet. The temp regulated water goes though a filter, then there are 2 outlets, each with it's own shutoff.

I would suggest the stainless steel braid hoses (they should be on your washing machine too).

There are drain fitting that eliminate the need for a separate vent pipe. Not sure how well they work but they would greatly simplify your plumbing.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    There are drain fitting that eliminate the need for a separate vent pipe. Not sure how well they work but they would greatly simplify your plumbing.
    I have no idea why you would need a separate vent pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    My only concern about these plumbing plans is that I will have the drainage properly vented, I'm going to rely on the plumber for that.
    If you are going to do the hot and cold yourself then don't waste your money on a plumber for the much simpler waste pipework.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have filters and mixing valve mounted on a panel. Two taps are regulated and one is for cold water. All the taps are filtered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vannpanel.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	42020
    It would have been nice to spread out more taps along the entire length of sink, but using garden hoses I can reach all parts of the sink.

Trond

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If you are going to do the hot and cold yourself then don't waste your money on a plumber for the much simpler waste pipework.

I won't be doing the plumbing in the crawl space, only once the supply lines are in the room

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin