Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1296

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leaving chemicals in print processor

I have a Thermaphot ACP 302 print processor which I used the other day to print my postcards for the postcard exchange. I currently only have time to print once a week so I was thinking that I could just leave the chemicals in the machine until the next session for convenience.

But is this a bad idea? I'm thinking that it might be harmful to the machine, and/ or that the chemicals will go off. Perhaps it would be best to drain and clean the machine after each session? How long can I expect the chemicals to keep if stored in 2.5 l plastic containers. Btw. this is B/W.

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Developer is the only chem that is critical, keep it stored in full to the top, tightly capped container so no O2 gets in. Stop and fix are not critical, and can be stored in processor. I used to have a slot processor that I left the chems in indefinitly, just kept it topped off and floating lids on when it stood idle.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience with ra-4 in a roller processor, is that the blx can form a bit of a crust as it evaporates. Same might be the case for the b&w fix. The trick for me in my Fujimoto CP31, is that some rollers are right at the 'waterline'. So when the crust forms on them, it is quite a pain to get them clean. The machine I have goes into standby when it has not been fed a print for 15 minutes; it then every few minutes turns the rollers for a few seconds to keep crud from forming.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin