Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,260   Online: 1019

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 26x30 View Post
    We aren't splitting atoms here... You can throw together some ply with drywall screws and seal it with marine paint. Caulk the joints and it will outlast your kids. I got tied up with the ins and outs of building a sink before tackling it, and it only made it more difficult. I am sure what you are planning on will be sufficent. With no experience I built a sailing Dory from lapstrake planking and sent her out over Tybe Island without sinking, so I am sure you can run a bit of water over a sink without causing much damage...
    Different strokes for different folks. Some people like to build things and put more effort into it and some don't. One approach is not right or wrong.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by langedp View Post
    Yes they are. I wanted to be able to adjust it to the variations in the floor and create the proper amount of slope to the drains. The sinks slope from the ends to the middle and from front to back. Not much, but enough to drain. I used these...

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...evelers-4.aspx

That's perfect.....I just finished the sink stand today, built in two 4 foot sections. Still have to install plywood on the bottom framing for storage, remove some old wall paper and will be painting those old "Pepto Bismol" (spelling?) colored walls to an off white soon---it's progressing. Thanks for the tip on those levelers,---wander if Lowe's or Home Depot carries them, will check tomorrow. Although I think some shims would probably do the trick for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sink-stand.jpg  
    Last edited by CPorter; 12-03-2011 at 06:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Even older

Marine ply with epoxy resin, now twenty years old and not showing signs of needing to be recoated, which I had planned to do every 5 years or so

My new 48 inch wide large print troughs are construction ply with marine sealant and seem to be working well

What I really need is a new shed to put the darkroom in, but I also want a new 4WD to get my gear around in - On account of the fact I have just blown the head gasket on my Volvo 240GL - I wish a coat of epoxy resin around the rocker cover would fix that as well

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    That's perfect.....I just finished the sink stand today, built in two 4 foot sections. Still have to install plywood on the bottom framing for storage, remove some old wall paper and will be painting those old "Pepto Bismol" (spelling?) colored walls to an off white soon---it's progressing. Thanks for the tip on those levelers,---wander if Lowe's or Home Depot carries them, will check tomorrow. Although I think some shims would probably do the trick for me.
    I believe Lowe's has them. You have to get T-nuts also if you use these.

I did a similar process for the drain as you did however I used a router. Just use some plumbers putty to seat the drain.

Yours is looking good and yes you need to change the color of that wall

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Finished the stand and got the sink moved into the room. I'll be installing the drain on the right side, have most that have a plywood sink installed the drain in a corner of the sink? Seems I remember seeing some that have put it in the middle at the end of the sink.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sink-&-stand.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just marking thread for future reference...
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    Finished the stand and got the sink moved into the room. I'll be installing the drain on the right side, have most that have a plywood sink installed the drain in a corner of the sink? Seems I remember seeing some that have put it in the middle at the end of the sink.
    Back corners for mine. My sinks are mirror images of each other so the two drains are next to each other. Makes the plumbing easier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin