Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,121   Online: 1068

Thread: Dunco easel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Dunco easel

Hi,
    I got a dunco easel 30x40cm. Has anybody some instructions how to use it the proper way?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	923.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	42359

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'd say it's straight forward. Lift the top (it should stay open), place the paper in a slit and close. Adjust the blades as needed.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like ath says, it's pretty straightforward. A word of warning though. The blades can be bent out of alignment if they're adjusted with the easel closed
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "Place the paper in a slit"

That's where i get lost.
    How can i place the paper against it, because the plastic items in the slit are at the same level as the board itself.
    So i do not have something where i can place the paper against before closing the frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are the plastic items in the slits there just for storage/shipping - are they supposed to be removed?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I also send dunco germany a mail.
    They (stil exist) replied immediately and helped me with a manual. (Very friendly people!)

I now know that the slit must be used to stick the paper in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For what it's worth, Tim Rudman at a class he was teaching here in Australia told us that the Dunco was either the best or among the very best that are made (I forget which). I tried to get one mailed to me here but no luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    For what it's worth, Tim Rudman at a class he was teaching here in Australia told us that the Dunco was either the best or among the very best that are made (I forget which). I tried to get one mailed to me here but no luck.
    If you are still looking, Silverprint in the U.K. sell them. The owner Martin Reed is a big fan of them. Won't be cheap of course but I am sure you know that

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin