Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,654   Online: 1187

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst Printo problem

Hello,

I have a two-bath Durst Printo which does not heat up anymore. The motor is working ok. I found on internet that the heating element is a weak spot of the Printo, so that might be the problem. Does anyone know how to test the heating element and is it replaceable ?

Is there someone that still services these processors ?

thanks

Willem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not own this machine, but have brought other roller processors back to life.

The heater should be able to be tested while the unit is powered down with an ohm meter across it's terminals. It should have a resistance of a few hundred ohms.

I other weak point can be the control temp sensor.

I am not aware of anyone distributing parts for Durst in North America, although Omega Satter once did I believe.
    I am not sure who inherited the Durst parts chain on your side of the ocean.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks, I will try this today

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tested the device. The resistance between the contacts of the heating element was 150 Ohm, which should be ok, I think.. So I had no idea what caused the Printo not to heat up. The inside of the relatively simple electronics -only about 5 elements- looked ok to me. So I decided to put the thing back together.

Although I did not replace any parts, after reassembling the unit, it worked again ! The only thing that I did change a little was organizing the stainless steel wire that is connected to the heating element. Maybe it needs a little bit of attention once in a while..

regards
    Last edited by willem; 12-06-2011 at 11:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin