Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,732   Online: 822

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How do I know if a 50mm lens will fit my Durst m670 bw?

Hi

I am on the lookout for a 50mm lens for my Durst m670 blacka dn white, but looking at eBay left me no smarter really.

How do I know if the lens will actually fit my enlarger, if the lens is from Nikon or another brand?

Is the lens "mount" som kind of standard on enlargers in general?

I have a 110mm lens on mine now and it works perfectly for 6*6 and 6*7, but not for 35mm negs, the enlargement only goes up to just short of 20cm*30cm.

Need some help on how to get the correct lens, would be a shame to buy something that actually didn't fit =)
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need to know what size lensboard you have. Does it accept standard 39mm ltm or 25mm threaded lenses, also is the lensboard threaded or does it require a jamb nut(retaining ring)that screws on from the rear of the board after inserting the lens. I can help you out in either case with a lens, PM me here at Apug if you are interrested.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for your answer =)

I think it just screws in there, I can check the dimensions of the current lens when I get home. (bought the enlarger 2-3 weeks ago and I am not very familiar with the lens stuff, past experience has been with 35mm enlargers only....and that was in 1988 =D ).

Kind regards
    -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's fairly common for enlargers of that size to have a 39mm thread. A lot of lenses have the same thread but they also come with a 25mm thread. In this case, an adaptor ring is used: http://www.photographyattic.com/product-1372

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's most likely 39mm. I have a Vivitar VHE 50mm 2.8 (made by Schneider I think) which you can get for free if you are interested. Where in Norway are you located?

Trond

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may need a recessed lens board for your 607, my 601 requires a recessed. Do you have the owners manual?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No owners manual, the enlarger is as-is from the guy who sold it, unfortunately =)

Trond, the lens I have is 39mm (diameter) across (122mm around), screws in and out, do you think it will fit?
    I live in Oslo ^^
    -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Regardless if it is a 25mm and your lens is larger, just file the hole out n use a jamb nut.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Most probably the lens is going to fit. The 670 we had in the lab had 39 mm lensboards. I think they (the boards) are relatively common. I have never seen a Nikon 50 with anything else than 39 mm thread, but I know some older Schneiders had 25 mm thread.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sent you a PM.

Trond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin