Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,963   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Setup: FAIL

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Just put them into a clamp-able/flexible light bulb holder with a built in reflector and bounce the light off of a wall/ceiling interface.
    Funny, I did exactly that and hence the picture I was able to accomplish that I posted earlier. But even so, it takes a very, very brief moment of direct light to expose the papers. I'll keep playing with it I 'spose.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can use those a Christmas lights, thats about all they are good for.

In terms of the light falloff, printing the maximum size negative on any enlarger (even 8x10) requires careful alignment of the light source, negative carrier and lens.

One way to do it:
    Take out the negative carrier and mark the outline the lightsource projects on the baseboard. Now put the negative carrier in and the rectangle it projects should be centered inside the first outline. In your case it likely won't be centered. So you need to wiggle the light source mixing box one way and the negative carrier the other way.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Awesome, that's the info I was looking for! Thanks!
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin