Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 812

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thomas Duplex Safelight in need of new bayonet lamp socket

Hi there,

I recently acquired a used Thomas Duplex Safelight for my darkroom. The safelight is in great shape except the bayonet mount for the sodium vapor lamp got split/broken in transit. I am thinking that this is an easy part to just swap out, but I am unsure what type/industry size this lamp socket is. Sadly all documentation I have from the late Thomas company makes no mention of what part this is.

Does anyone know what size of lamp socket this is?

Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Don't know where to find one but the only thing I see listed on the bulbs are "DC Bayonet base"
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to this reference(http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/4770/LPS-327817.html) the base is BA15d.

Another goggle turns up this: http://www.ledlight.com/s25-ba15d-socket.aspx

N
    ot that I've ever done business with either source.

FYI - since so many (me included) pick these up used I thought I'd attached the instruction sheet that came with the bulb. (The last one I bought had two brand new bulbs with it):
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See if one from the autoparts store will fit, or try an electrical wholesaler.

The trick will be finding one with a usable mounting bracket that will work.
    Bob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin