Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,488   Online: 923

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

LPL 670 CXL Condenser Modifications

Has anyone tried to slip a plastic or ground glass diffuser near the last condenser of a LPL CXL.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I am using graded paper, EMAKS and Gallerie. Both papers offer something different than Ilford's Multigrade IV.

Gallerie has clean whites and nicely stepped midtones with inky blacks. G#3 is about .5 grade softer than EMAKS #3. I am using either a diffuser or condenser enlarger head to control contrast vs a two tray developer line. It would be easier to add an opal glass to the CXL for diffusion vs replacing the enlarging head on my column. Has anyone tried opal glass with a LPL CXL. I believe the classic enlargers, Bessler and Omega, had options to add opal glass. Plastic would be the material of choice. Any thoughts.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 12-05-2011 at 11:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin