Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format

Focomat Ic arrived today.

Hello there,

Focomat Ic together with Focotar 50mm f/4.5 arrived today. I'm quite happy to have my first enlarger.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You lucky devil
    Have fun!

The manual, in case You need one
    1952 in English http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c..._1C_manual.pdf
    1955 in German http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-..._Anleitung.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...altogether for Euro 38. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    You lucky devil
    Have fun!

The manual, in case You need one
    1952 in English http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c..._1C_manual.pdf
    1955 in German http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-..._Anleitung.pdf
    The safety red filter is slightly bent and I need to collect a timer and an easel yet.

Thanks mate for the manual.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I believe the 1c or or any Leitz enlarger in good repair is the best for 35mm. I have a 1c and Valoy 2 and each have their charms. The Valoy 2 is very portable and great if making enlargements under 8x10.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Focomat Ic together with Focotar 50mm f/4.5 arrived today. I'm quite happy to have my first enlarger
    For the first time I experienced Newton Rings on a Valoy II. I normally use a 1c and never had this issue. The two enlargers are similar.

I discovered how to work around Newton rings without AN glass.

I tend to not have the 1c condenser completely resting with all its weight on the negative. If your aperture is /5.6 or f/8 with less than 7x enlargements you should experience no focus issues.

You made a wise choice in selecting the 1c as your first enlarger. Its one of the top two or three B&W enlargers considering all factors. The V35 has the edge if making large enlargement, but the majority of us don't project on paper larger than 8x10.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-20-2012 at 03:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Anti Newton ring thing

My Valoy and first Focomat 1 came minus anti newton ring things - I used a piece of thick brown paper with a 25x37mm hole cut in it and stuck to the underside of the condenser with designers rubber cement, which peels off when you need to clean the glass - If you try this system be very careful to clean the condenser with care when you change paper or find a cheap ANR thingie

My current two with the ANR thingies fitted

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I experienced rings with the Valoy II which I just recently started to use. I used 3 or 4 pieces of post -it tape to the back edge of the negative holder. This holds the condenser just off the negative. To the right of the Valoy's head is silver lever which raises the head. You can position the lever so the head is not completely down on the negative. In theory, I risk loss of sharpness. In practice, I don't see any loss of sharpness. I use a grain focus device. BTW, the aperture illuminated El Nikkor f/2.8 is a great lens on a Valoy. Edge to edge sharpness at f/4. Easy to see the apertures.
    RJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin