Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,020   Online: 928

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format

Everyone has a winder...

If you have a manual (re)wind 35mm camera body, you have a cassette loader. Just tape the film to the spool, pop it in the cassette and put it in the camera. Start crankin' and you'll have 400ft spooled in no time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, so I finally got me some 5222, and after doing a couple of rolls by hand in the dark I see what you guys mean, I thought it would be a lot harder to handle that film in the dark than it was. I also got a Watson 66B really cheap online, so I'm gonna see how that pans out. The place that sold the film to me didn't have any tools for splitting the film into 4 100 ft reels.
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You technically dont need a center core but you should check the box that your bulk loader comes it, there may be a spare. Working without a center spool, you can roll up 100ft, or roughly a roll of film that is slightly smaller than your bulk loader's compartment. and Plop the film right into it without the center spool. There is a chance it may spool out and unwind inside, but it should work fine if you load them all in one shot and not let it sit.

Or if you want to fashion a center spool you can do it with maybe a few plastic bottle caps such as the from some thing like gatorade or vitamin water, like 3 would seem the right thickness, and glue them together, make a hole in the center, and a small slot on the side to hold the film.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin