Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,013   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drying Screens

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Drying Screens

I've always used blotter paper to dry my prints but now will be using screens to lay them on....can the screen material be metal, or does it need to be fiberglass, does it matter?

thanks
    Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fiberglass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fiberglass for sure. Aluminum screen will corrode over time and get all over your prints.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fiberglass.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok-------I was wandering because I found some screens at Home Depot that would be just right in size but they were not fiberglass.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been using several large white towels for drying my fiber paper. Before using them wash the towels several time in hot water with bleach and don't use fabric softener to remove the flint. I lay the prints between the towel on top of one another. When the prints are almost dry I move them out of the towels. Another way is to buy heavy canvas; place the prints between the canvas and the canvas between the towels. Remove the prints when they are almost dry. Good luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    Making screens is easy.
    Go to an art store and buy canvas chassis the dimension you want (they come unmounted in a lot of varied dimensions, in very strong wood with smooth profile. And of course without canvas on them...
    Then go to the hardware store and look for fiberglass mosquito net ad to the cart stainless steel tackles and the device to punch them and you're done.
    Mine are years old, darn cheap, easy to clean because dirt and contaminants can't go into the fiberglass which does not drink water so dry quite instantly.
    Hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to a Habitat for Humanity Resale store, or similar, and find some fiberglass window screens. Bought 6 full window screens for 12 bucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter View Post
    Ok-------I was wandering because I found some screens at Home Depot that would be just right in size but they were not fiberglass.
    They are pretty easy to make. Home Depot has all the stuff you need. Frame w 4 plastic connectors, rubber inset and a roll of plastic screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    + 1 on the Home Depot stuff (or Lowes presumably), very easy, and you can make them any size that suits you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin