Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,855   Online: 1011

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Omega prolab 4x5 missing condenser

Found a good condition omega prolab 4x5 with Lenses and negative carriers. Only problem is it is missing the movable condenser. How hard are these to find and are they expensive?

Thanks Brian
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I suggest you search the apug classifieds and check ebay. I don't think they are hard to find or expensive, just may take some time. Also, do you have the condenser holder?

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I believe I've got one you could use sitting in my garage, but unfortunately I'm 2000 miles away. I'd sell it cheap enough. I might be able to get my brother to send it, or you can try Ebay. It the Simmon's model. Here's a side view of one on Ebay of the enlarger I had.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-D2-V-E...item5644c1c92f
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm

some information

I just obtained a D6, and it has the wrong movable condensor in it. The D6 has a knob that moves the lens, but mine came with a lens from an earlier model. The earlier model has a number of shelves that you slide the lens into. The problem is that there are two shafts in the back of the lens compartment that interfere with inserting the lens, so a previous owner hacksawed the corners off the lens mounting frame so it would fit. I don't know which model you have, but you may have to modify the lens holder depending on which lens you get. If you have questions about aligning the enlarger, I just finished doing mine. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I haven't purchased the enlarger yet and have only seen pictures of it. It's about 70 miles away. Unsure if it has the condenser holder, I doubt it since he doesn't have the condenser. I'll find out. Wanted to make sure I could get the part before I did anything. It sound like it shouldn't be too much of a problem to find the part. If I do end up getting it I'll definitely get a hold of you Chris to get the insights on aligning it. Thanks everyone.
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You only need the movable condensor for formats smaller than 4x5 and using lenses shorter than 150mm.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin