Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,684   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timer Hell!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just posting examples, I have used both Gralab and Time-O-light for the last 20 years with not a problem, but if you look there are quite a few on Ebay and for the price range you in, you should have no problems at all..

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you all for the help. I bid on a GraLab 450 that is up in a day and I can use a kitchen timer for processing so hopefully one of these days I will have a functioning darkroom.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]"We are not at War, we are having a nervous breakdown". Hunter S. Thompson[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J. Collier
    Thank you all for the help. I bid on a GraLab 450 that is up in a day and I can use a kitchen timer for processing so hopefully one of these days I will have a functioning darkroom.
    Stephen,

If you will pay for the postage I will ship you a used Gralab 450 for free.

Don Bryant

If you can find a good Kearsarge timer, I love them for enlarging work. A bit more expensive. Mine was about $295 new. I haven't seen too many of them for sale recently.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would suggest to spend a little more and go for an RH designs Fstop-timer

Jaap Jan Helder

Shooter
    35mm
    Time-o-light and gra-lab, Amen! Been using mine for the last 2 decades. Go with reliability.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the Stopclock timer from RH Designs and it is expensive as hell, but a great timer.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    w a d e h e n i n g e r
    wade@heninger.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V would be a good timer. Slightly better than the one I use, and it's got hands-free operation throughout dodges and burns as well as audible queues. (:

-KwM-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I was just posting examples, I have used both Gralab and Time-O-light for the last 20 years with not a problem,
    I got my Time-o-lite M-59 for $5 on ebay. Just needed a little tinkering to rezero it and it was good to go. Can't complain about that price, especially since a shop wanted to sell me a used one for $85 earlier in the day before I went to eBay.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last year when I was ebaying for my darkroom I experienced the same thing. I knew I wanted a digital timer for the enlarger and I wanted to spend around the same amount. So close so many times to watch it balloon over. But eventually I got mine. Just have patience. I ended up with a Kearsarge 201. It's great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin