Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,738   Online: 1084

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: book wanted

Shooter
    Multi Format

book wanted

Hi all,

I am looking for a book that I can use to get me back into the darkroom. Specifically, mixing chemicals, timing, lilghting etc. It has been a loooonnnnggg time since I have been in a darkroom and my notes are long gone. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Look through Fred Picker's Zone VI Workshop. It may have everything you need.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Michael Langford's Darkroom handbook.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think Ralph L has a book that pretty well sums it all up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1930artdeco View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for a book that I can use to get me back into the darkroom. Specifically, mixing chemicals, timing, lilghting etc. It has been a loooonnnnggg time since I have been in a darkroom and my notes are long gone. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome back to darkroom!! Congrats, I have recently gone back to darkroom and had my Hornstein at my side:

Black and White Photography: A Basic Manual
    Henry Horenstein
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This book opend my eyes and made life in the darkroom better.

http://www.waybeyondmonochrome.com/WBM2/Welcome.html

Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, get Ralph's book. I have tons and his is a great work.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to nominate Tim Rudman's "The Photographers Master Printing Course

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Although I have, and have used most of the books on this list, for someone wanting to get back into the darkroom, I would second the nomination of Henry Horenstein's book. His first book gives you the basics that you need to get a decent print, in not a lot of time. Fred Picker, Tim Rudman, and others will give you other ways of looking at creating a great print, and should not be ignored, but for what the OP is looking for Henry Horenstein is the way to go.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Does no one dare whisper the name of Saint Ansel and his books - However, better by far are the little slips of paper in packets of film, developer and paper with questions asked and answered by the venerable masters in this forum

Even better, see if there are any APUG members withing a reasonable distance that you can actually meet, have coffee with and scab bits of gear and chemicals from - I see you are in California, so it should be easy to find someone who will send you off with a box of processing tanks, developers and enlarging lenses and celebrate the space you had helped clear in their darkroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin