Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,925   Posts: 1,585,029   Online: 1003

Shooter
    35mm

"FORTE EQUITONE RC EN 1 PAPER" EXPERIENCE

Hi,

I'm pretty new to printing BW film. So far I've used Ilford MG paper and developer. I found Forte Equitone RC EN 1 paper yesterday almost for free. It's written on the package that the paper is for getting BW prints from color negatives and kind of special filter is needed for safelight.

Any information is appreciated for the type of developer needed, whether it is ok for BW negatives as well and the safelight.

Many thanks and regards...

Hakan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Hakan:

That paper will be quite old.

Most likely the paper is panchromatic - meaning that any safelight for it will be really, really dim.

Here is a link with some info on page 3: http://www.foto-r3.com/files/papir_data.pdf

Based on the link, I would guess that the Ilford MG developer would also function with this.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    The paper is panchromatic ("Equitone") and thus best processed in total darkness, very old and probably(?) fogged by now.
    Except for the panchromatic sensitization it is processed like normal b/w RC paper.
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin