Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,529   Online: 997

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst M670 Transformator question

Hi,

I am offered a Durst M670 with color head and while I really want to buy the enlarger, it is missing the transformator.
    Does anyone know where I can get a transformator that is not breaking the bank that would work with the enlarger?
    Unfortunately I do have no clue what transformator it needs and I am not capable of doing any electrical DIY projects.

Kindest regards
    Dennis
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know (I have the B&W head on mine), but I would probably try and see if I could find a fully working one first and foremost, finding parts (trough eBay mostly) can be hard.
    - It is maybe possible to canibalize another m670, but then you are stuck with two...(or 1.5 enlargers).

You have something from the official Durst shop though, the transformator for the color head is called "COLITRA 350 230 VN" -I think- (230 stands for 230 voltage, so if you are in the US, this will most likely not work properly)

http://www2.durst.it/shop/prodtitel.asp?prodcatid=2

Still, if you are new to this and want to get started, try and find a fully working enlarger is my advice. (they are pretty cheap nowdays anyway)
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 12-30-2011 at 08:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Helinophoto,
    I am in Germany, so V230 would actually be perfect. The enlarger is still sitting in a box and looks brand new, except the missing trafo ... The durst original would definitely be worth a shot, even though it costs as much as I have to pay for the whole enlarger ...
    ---
    ~ Ansel Adams

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    It seems that the M670 color takes a colamp 100S lamp which is a 12V 100W lamp. In this case just take the enlarger, go to the next electrician and ask him to connect a standard halogen transformer for 12V and 100W. It's cheaper as DIY of course and most probably a neighbor or friend can do this as well.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.de/Elektronischer-...5257891&sr=8-1 should work.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    It seems that the M670 color takes a colamp 100S lamp which is a 12V 100W lamp. In this case just take the enlarger, go to the next electrician and ask him to connect a standard halogen transformer for 12V and 100W. It's cheaper as DIY of course and most probably a neighbor or friend can do this as well.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.de/Elektronischer-...5257891&sr=8-1 should work.
    Oh wow, that is really quite a difference in price. to the EUR 167 the trafo would cost from Durst .. even with EUR 50 for the work and another EUR 20 for cables added into ...

Thank you for the advice
    ---
    ~ Ansel Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin