Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,127   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You need to reuse to achieve the 50-80 roll number anyway since there are no tanks that will cover a 135 or 120 with just 62mL of developer. Since the first number implies reuse, why not state the higher number for sheets on the same basis?

If you want to be conservative with the one-shot, you can do 230 sheets from 5L in a Jobo 3010 (210mL per 10 sheets).

I'm trying to help you out here in your capacity claims as I think you're being inconsistently/unnecessarily conservative on the 4x5 sheet count.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    We are working on a 6 bath E-6 5L kit, hopefully to be ready for Q1 2014.

Formalin is bad for you and even worse for the environment, which is why it is no longer used in stabilizer baths for a long long time. As PE noted a while back on another thread, formalin is a must have component in the re-exposure bath, which our kit will have.
    THAT, I'd be interested in!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We will look into canada shipping, though, this will have to travel via UPS, making the shipping + customs fee to canada prohibitive.

If you are close to the border, we can ship this to a UPS/Fedex store in the US, for you to pick up.
    We're all close to the border

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    We're all close to the border
    So this should not be a problem ...
    I am looking into ground shipping to Canada with UPS and will post any info i find, though i think that either way the base shipping cost+customs clearance will make this too expensive....
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK - great news to anyone in canada who is interested in our C-41 kit.
    We can ship this "UPS Standard" for 48$ to Canada.
    I know from past experiences that anything traveling via UPS or other courier service to Canuck land will be charged some type of unavoidable customs clearance fee, this is just my fair disclosure and YMMV.

Please contact me directly here or at info@catlabs.info to arrange an order to Canada.
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are working on a 6 bath E-6 5L kit, hopefully to be ready for Q1 2014.

Formalin is bad for you and even worse for the environment, which is why it is no longer used in stabilizer baths for a long long time. As PE noted a while back on another thread, formalin is a must have component in the re-exposure bath, which our kit will have.
    That will be great news for those who don't trust bleach-fix.

I may be getting my formalin requirements mixed up. I know PE was saying it was needed in stabilizer. I thought that was E6.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Formalin is part of the re exposure, and not required for stab.

We are working hard on this, and trying our best to get the E-6 kit materialized. I will update ASAP.
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK - great news to anyone in canada who is interested in our C-41 kit.
    We can ship this "UPS Standard" for 48$ to Canada.
    I know from past experiences that anything traveling via UPS or other courier service to Canuck land will be charged some type of unavoidable customs clearance fee, this is just my fair disclosure and YMMV.

Please contact me directly here or at info@catlabs.info to arrange an order to Canada.
    I'd suggest that you enquire further with UPS.

For some of their enhanced services, the brokerage ("customs clearance") fees are included in their fee.

So paradoxically, the apparently more expensive service ends up being cheaper.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I won't buy anything that uses UPS shipping; their extra "brokerage fees" are an extra annoyance I can do without.
    I appreciate the OP going to the trouble of finding out about shipping rates, but UPS is the worst of a bad lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for checking into that. I live in a remote area (the only US border I'm close to is Alaska!) so UPS usually charges a ton and, as others have mentioned, can be a hassle with the border.

I do like the sound of this kit as I'm looking to try C-41 at home for the first time and I like the idea of an all-liquid kit. Maybe if there are enough people in Canada interested we can figure out some kind of group thing to reduce border fees.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin