Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,624   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

CatLABS 3 Bath C-41 5L color negative kit now in stock

We are happy to announce that our long planned C-41, 3bath kit for all color negative film processing is finally ready and in stock!
    Grouns shipping to CON US only at this time.
    Use the code "APUGC41" at our store checkout for a 10% discount on this kit.

You can find it here:
    http://www.catlabs.info/product/catl...try-kit-5l-10l

And some of our benchmarking test shots here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=98a067b420

The CatLABS kit features very high capacity and economy, and a very long stock shelve life so you can mix small batches as needed.
    Suitable for any type of processing, Jobo/rotary/manual inversion or anything you can think of
    • Mixed working solutions have long shelve life so you can get the most out of every ml
    • Included instruction for mixing 1L or 5L working solutions, and the ratio, in case you want to mix even smaller batches
    • Standard 38.4C processing temp and and times
    • Easy to use, single mix solutions

5L kit makes:
    • Developer - 5L Working solution
    • Bleach - 3.6L (to be used at least X3 - total capacity equals 10.8L)
    • Fix 3.6L (to be used at least X3 - total capacity equals 10.8L)
    • Universal stabilizer/final rinse - 10L

Capacity of 5L kit:
    • 50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so, what makes these chemicals different from all the other c41 kits out there?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Im not affiliated but will open my mouth anyway.
    Looks like a convenient assembled kit for those that have issues sourcing the complete chems otherwise.

Bravo I say and I wish CatLABS well!!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    so, what makes these chemicals different from all the other c41 kits out there?
    Well, its an all liquid kit.

It is a 3 bath (dev, bleach, fix) kit.

It has a very long shelve life (12-24 months stock concentrate, and 6-8 weeks, or more mixed working solution dev, and 6 months mixed working solution bleach/fix).

Its cheaper per roll then some of the powder stuff (but thats not really the same kind of product).

Its readily available.

CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow that looks awesome. Any plans to ship to Canada in the future?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any plans for an E6? With a separate bleach and fix maybe? And formalin stabilizer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Seems to me it's aimed at those in the USA who would like the Fuji or Rollei kits without having to pay international shipping. That ought to be a decent market segment judging by the quantity of whingeing here on APUG about yanks having to pay shipping like the rest of the world does!

I note you have an error on your product page though, it says "Capacity 5L: 50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5". Actually it should do 200 to 320 sheets of 4x5 since those are only 20 sq.in each compared to the 80 sq.in in a 135/36 or 120 roll.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Wow that looks awesome. Any plans to ship to Canada in the future?
    We will look into canada shipping, though, this will have to travel via UPS, making the shipping + customs fee to canada prohibitive.

If you are close to the border, we can ship this to a UPS/Fedex store in the US, for you to pick up.
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Any plans for an E6? With a separate bleach and fix maybe? And formalin stabilizer?
    We are working on a 6 bath E-6 5L kit, hopefully to be ready for Q1 2014.

Formalin is bad for you and even worse for the environment, which is why it is no longer used in stabilizer baths for a long long time. As PE noted a while back on another thread, formalin is a must have component in the re-exposure bath, which our kit will have.
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I note you have an error on your product page though, it says "Capacity 5L: 50-80 rolls of 35/120 or 100-160 sheets of 4X5". Actually it should do 200 to 320 sheets of 4x5 since those are only 20 sq.in each compared to the 80 sq.in in a 135/36 or 120 roll.
    When the developer is used as one shot, in a rotary process, the minimum tank capacity required per sheet or roll film (about 50ml and 100ml respectively) gives us the number posted.

If Dev is reused (totally possible with this kit), capacity can be doubled as you note and this info is included in the instructions provided with the kit .
    CatLABS of JP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin