Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,840   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chicago makes sense logistically, if not for weather for employees. Close to the midwest and closer to either coast than the opposite coast would be. West is great for you west coasters, more shipping for us folks east, and vice versa. I think if I were setting up a mail order business with flexibility to choose location I'd look for something mid-continent too. (Ok, personally, it would be cheaper, smaller town, and MUCH warmer than Chicago, but I think Atlanta is too damned cold in the winter. The fact it's too damned hot in the summer doesn't really make up for it...)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    LA - we love it! we love it! (man we love the 80's but, we are more of snow and winter people anyways.

Roger - as you say we are now almost exactly smack in the middle, which means shipping west is cheaper, but shipping east is not - though i must say that after a week or so of orders its fairly safe to say our shipping rates will not change at all for the east, and we are now able to offer some better rates going west.

Seems like atlanta is just damned in general. I cant say much for the chicago summer, or winter for that matter, but its not much better, or worse then our wet and hot summers, and brutal winters in Boston... check our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater) to see the 12ft in 24 hours we got last winter, and that was not all...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Chicago: THE standard for testing concrete materials is Chicago weather.
    17 freeze thaw cycles per winter, average.
    Perhaps the source of the statement heard often.
    "If you don't like the weather wait five minutes...."

You'll love it. Provides every reason to go have a Bratwurst and Beer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    LA - we love it! we love it! (man we love the 80's but, we are more of snow and winter people anyways.
    In Southern California, one goes to the snow to ski and snow board. It is only four hours to drive to Mammoth from Los Angeles through the desert.

It is not complex:
    Snow goes on the mountains for skiing and snow boarding.
    Ice goes on rinks and in drinks.
    Putting ice and snow on the streets and sidewalks is not only a waste of a good resource, it just does not make sense.
    I do not understand why people in places like Chicago, Rochester or Buffalo don't get with the program.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post

Roger - as you say we are now almost exactly smack in the middle, which means shipping west is cheaper, but shipping east is not - though i must say that after a week or so of orders its fairly safe to say our shipping rates will not change at all for the east, and we are now able to offer some better rates going west.

Seems like atlanta is just damned in general. I cant say much for the chicago summer, or winter for that matter, but its not much better, or worse then our wet and hot summers, and brutal winters in Boston... check our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater) to see the 12ft in 24 hours we got last winter, and that was not all...
    I like living in the Atlanta area in many ways. I'm just SO not a cold weather person though. It does get pretty hot here in the summer, but it never really bothers me that much in all honesty.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As long as the work on new chemistry offerings continues I'm happy

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After just learning about you guys, I thought that it was too good to be true that there was an operation like this right in Boston...I guess I was right lol Best of luck to you!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin