Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,191   Online: 946

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    premortho: Thanks for your input! I'll try it out..it's been a crazy month or so for me so I haven't even tried checking the optical finder compo via the GG. Nevertheless, will try that & this out soon enough. Thanks again! One question though, why 15 feet?

Shooter
    Large Format
    First of all the optical finder will never be as accurate as the ground glass, but it is close enough for snap shots. 15 feet is not a magic number, I just picked it because I think it's pretty well in the middle of the distance the Optical Finders range. When I was a newspaper photographer I set the range of the anticipated shot on the 15 foot mark on the scale on the bed, left the Optical finder at fifteen feet, f32, 100th sec, and a #22 flash bulb on Super Hy-pan film (in a filmpack). The ground glass was used on a tripod for static shots. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    premortho: Thanks for your input! I'll try it out..it's been a crazy month or so for me so I haven't even tried checking the optical finder compo via the GG. Nevertheless, will try that & this out soon enough. Thanks again! One question though, why 15 feet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, thank you for sharing & for your input, premortho.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin