Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,567   Online: 988

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Schneideritis

Shooter
    Multi Format

Schneideritis

What is it about Schneider lenses that makes them get Schneideritis? I'm looking into some new lenses but I'll get Rodenstocks if there is any question about Schneideritis. Where does this come from? How can this be acceptable for lenses costing thousands of dollars?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's just the black edge paint used on the glass elements separating from the glass slightly , as the dedges are well away fom optical path there's absolutely no effect at all on image quality.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    do a search. It has been discussed many times. Bottom line, it is only cosmetic and absolutley has no effect on image. Interestingly, the malady is not unique to Schneider. Fuji too had this. Some Rodenstock lenses were actully known for much more severe characteristic defects....like the dreaded separation in the Sironar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stuff get's old..
    I think there is a point when many Leica M's won't be viable, simply because of dried lube, haze in the optics, and hi repair costs.
    I have been looking at M4-2 and P's simply because they aren't 40+ years old like M3 and M and M2, and they are silly expensive as users for 25 and 30 year old cameras.
    Japanese (at least Nikons in my experience, don't cloud up, and dont have unreliable shutter mechanisms-- there is the FM2 that can be cagey... but if it mis-behaves throw it out and buy another!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geez, there's always something isn't there. Is it just me, or does this make no sense? Shouldn't they have corrected this by now? For this kind of money, I expect these things to be virtually flawless - cosmetically too.

I can half understand this happening after many years of use, but it is unacceptable for it to be a "defect" that takes hold relatively quickly.
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 01-26-2012 at 01:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about the Nikons or Nikors?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Presuming you use/store it properly, doesn't Schneider have a lifetime warranty?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mponon_HM.html
    Last edited by zsas; 01-26-2012 at 01:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add link
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't believe they warranty repair due to Schneideritis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    How about the Nikons or Nikors?
    I can only speak for myself but I never saw this on my LF Nikkors after owning them 20+ years.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    but then, the performance of the modern Nikkor-W is not on par with that of the modern APO Symmar.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin