Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,445   Online: 1167

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Can't get a Walker camera - thanks a lot, pinhole people!!!

Apparently you can't buy any of the Walker Titan stuff because he's too busy making pinhole cameras for Ilford. Guess I'm back to the Toyo plan.

Damn pinholes!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Maybe the real problem is they keep getting up and walking away... If he made them without legs you might be able to get one easier. Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Apparently you can't buy any of the Walker Titan stuff because he's too busy making pinhole cameras for Ilford. Guess I'm back to the Toyo plan.

Damn pinholes!
    That's the best bad news I've heard all week. Though I don't know the price difference between a Walker and a Toyo, I'm assuming you'll be coughing up a little more cash for it. Still, it's good to hear that sombody making film cameras is having trouble keeping up with demand.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." -- Mr. Spock from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha ha. Not always. The needs of even one lens user definitely outweigh the needs of the many pinholers, no matter how many there are.
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 01-27-2012 at 10:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    The needs of even one lens user definitely outweighs the needs of the many pinholers, no matter how many there are.
    That's right. They can use any old box or tin can!!

steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, there's nothing to stop us lens users from screwing a lens into any old box or tin can, except that most of us consider ourselves to be "superior" to that.

Michael, are you looking for a 4x5 or something bigger?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sour grapes make such a fine whine!

But pinhole images are great -- one just has to sharpen them up a bit in PhotoShop...

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some good answers here.

Bdial: 4x5. I used to use a monorail but that was quite a pain in the field, and then I sold it so I could upgrade my 35mm gear, which I switched to for a while. I'm going back to 4x5 mostly now, and I'm re-outfitting myself with equipment that will serve me better than the stuff I aquired when I first started sheet film way back (didn't know enough about what to buy at the time).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If I were looking for a lightweight 4x5 field camera and were considering a Toyo or Walker, I'd buy the Wisner Flight that's been on offer in the APUG classifieds for the past few weeks, if it's not sold yet. Buy it, so I won't be tempted anymore!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin