Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 788

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Split Dark Slides For 4x10

A while back there was a discussion on 4x10 backs\holders vs split 8x10 holders. Here is a link to a cheap way to shoot 4x10 with an 8x10:

http://www.benderphoto.com/4x10pa.htm

Should be a simple matter to make a mask for the gg.

Just a thought.

-Mike

Images
    I would never remember which side of the film I had already exposed.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i had a spare 8x10 dark slide lying around so i just took my dremel too lto it and cut out a 4x10 piece out..

I also carry a small roud stickers in my camera bag so when i expose one side of the negative i put a sticker there on the film holder to remind me that that half is exposed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Me? Well, I had to go the expensive route and spend $95 each on 5 new 4x10 holders. Plus a 4x10 back for my Canham 8x10. I guess I like spending money.

-Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would never remember which side of the film I had already exposed
    When loading the film holders... Why not cut 2 pieces of masking tape and put them on either side of the face of the holer? When you expose a portion on that neg, put a checkmark on that side to indicate shot film. Just a thought...

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot a fair amount of 4x10 with my 8x10 camera and really enjoy the format. My camera has the grooves in the back for "splitter" boards. I do not have the original splitter boards, but have cut my own from flat sheet metal and painted them black. With the splitter I have no need for a ground glass mask or a split darkslide. I keep track of which half of the sheet has been exposed in a notebook that I carry. So far I've only screwed it up once.

With the grooves & different sized splitters I can shoot 8x10, 4x10, 8x8, & 5x8 all with one back & 3 small pieces of sheet metal. They're really quite handy & extremely cheap.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry to dissapoint but Bender does not supply these anymore. I think Fidelity cornered the market and was charging outrageous amounts for single dark slides, so Bender decided not to make them anymore, at least this is what they told me about a year ago, who knows, things might have changed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin