Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Shen Hao Hzx 45 hardware made of what?

Hello, im questioning this because i have two sources with different info, the shen hao site says alluminium, badger graphic and robert white says stainless steel painted black...

im interested in buying one of these also because i prefer the durability of steel instead of alluminium...

Thanks
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could email directly to Mr. Zhang at Shen-Hao and ask. I've corresponded with him several times to get repair parts for my HZX45-AII and he has always been responsive.

Keep in mind it's also possible everybody's right on the materials. Manufacturers often make changes for reasons of cost or availability.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the Shen Hao site says aluminum are the Badger Graphics guys telling you the manufacturer's site is wrong? Did you point that out to them?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can't easily paint stainless steel.... If it's painted, I'd think it's something other than SS.
    Last edited by tkamiya; 03-06-2012 at 10:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In my experience with one, it's some kind of pot metal, with some definite copper content. At least that was what I saw on mine, which was a very early model (3-digit serial #). They may well have changed it more than once since then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    Hello, im questioning this because i have two sources with different info, the shen hao site says alluminium, badger graphic and robert white says stainless steel painted black...

im interested in buying one of these also because i prefer the durability of steel instead of alluminium...

Thanks
    There are many grades or formulations of all metals, including aluminum. For example, the grade used in building aircraft is very strong. Aluminum can also be painted. Same for stainless steel. The type used in a home kitchen sink is different than a proper sink for a darkroom or lab.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would prefer stainless stell although...
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would say it is steel. I can check my camera with a magnet when I get home.
    I think that shen hao changed their design and materials during the initial production of their cameras. I thought the earlier cameras were made of cherry.. but I am probably wrong.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The original batch were teak, not cherry. Now they're walnut I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    walnut is nice, steel also good, curiously this design is the more flexible (wide-tele and a good amount of movements) of the wood cameras available (bony excluded...) seems rigidity is also good...
    vive la resistance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin