Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,039   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nawagi View Post
    the Razzle was well worth it. I'll probably sell it here shortly.
    That seems a bit of a contradictory statement. I assume that it wasn't suitable for you rather than an actual problem with the camera.

EDIT: In re-reading your post, I now know what you mean!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    I bought a 110B via eBay, back when Dean was selling that way. The workmanship of the conversion was fine, and the camera came in a nice kit with a case and a CD-ROM with information on the conversion.

In the end, I didn't bond with it. Mine came with the original-issue 127 Ysarex, and for my taste it didn't cover adequately for 4x5 at the wider apertures I needed for hand-held use. Also, I found the thing clunky and awkward to handle. The devil is in the details on these things - a big part of how comfortable it is to hold one of these to your face is determined by the exact profile of the back, and this varies from one shop to another.

A 4x5 Crown is bigger and heavier, and I don't find that especially comfortable to work with either, though I'm finding that a 3.25x4.25 Crown that I had fixed up recently is enough smaller and lighter to make a real difference. IMO all of these are on the edge of what is practical for hand-held use, and because there's such a large element of personal taste involved, it's hard to give general advice or to know where the line between practical and impractical will fall for you.

FWIW, another shop that does these is Alpenhause.
    If a 3 1/4
    crown or Speed fits you, you can get film from Freestyle, and sheet film holders on e-bay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guys...I am still going strong, although a little swamped.. I really try to answer EVERY message, but sometimes they simply go astray.. Thanks to Eudora!
    I think the 4x5 Razzle rangefinder is an amazing device, as there's no other LF point an' shoot that can produce a 50 inch print like this in a single click.. http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Horse Razzle 5040 APUG.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	55648
    Last edited by razzledog; 08-17-2012 at 04:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin