Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,111   Online: 970

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Wista Field 45dx getting a brother

I've been a happy camper with my old Wista field camera. I bought it well used many years ago. It came with some warts - some cosmetic corrosion on some of the brass, and some unpretty crinkles in the bellows. Nothing functionally wrong, just some blemishes. The camera has performed flawlessly in every way.

Living the last year or so in China, I happened to see a Chamonix 045-N1 in a shop while I was looking for other things. It seems like such an excellent camera, and buying one new while living here just seems to make sense (GAS rationalization, I know). But, I would like to expand my lens horizons, and my dear Wista is not, shall we say, well endowed.

So a Chamonix (045-N2) is in my future. I'm on the waiting list. The Wista may (or may not) eventually seek a new home, but that's a later decision.

Any thoughts to share on: 1) moving from a Wista to a Chamonix; or 2) having two similar class field cameras in the same "stable"; or 3) features that would suggest taking one over the other on a shoot; or 4) the zen of the Wista versus the Chamonix; or, any other thoughts?

I'm excited, but still not quite sure how the kids will get along... :-)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.952035,116.441968

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just received my Chamonix 045-N2! It arrived in perfect shape!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin