Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,356   Online: 929

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

...and sometimes you get lucky

Well not withe the ladies but with the camera gear..

Its a 480/9 Apo-Nikkor.. which i bought for $40usd on ebay!!
    came mounted on a huge 12x12 metal board with an electric shutter that works with 120V and a big aperture scale.. whole thing weighed 16lbs!!

Cleaned it off.. removed the lens and mounted it on my 8x10 tachihara board with a 92mm hole!

It is not as heavy as it looks and it is purdy..

Can't wait to use it on the 8x10 and make some blinding sharp negatives..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resize of Rotation of Re-exposure of DSC_1887.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet deal on a great lens. That sure doesn't come around too often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, Deniz. I have the 610mm, including the flip-down lens cap. (woo hoo) I either need to get better at using a "hat shutter" or find an Ilex #5 to mount it in (after getting the appropriate new barrel machined by SK Grimes).
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ralph, i woul love a 610mm but dont have that much bellows extension on the Tachihara.
    Maybe once i move up to 11x14 or 8x20 i will look into getting one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget to look for a #5 arm stretcher to go with it. Those front-standard adjustments are pretty far away.

http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/misc/Pho...28-08-600c.jpg
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh my, that is pretty. Congrats!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is going to be hard to afford filters for the beast. 86mm filters..
    i may get away with a step down ring and use my 77mm filters since not all of that 86mm is glass on the front element.

Here she is on the camera..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resize of DSC_1891.JPG   Resize of Rotation of DSC_1893.JPG   Resize of Rotation of DSC_1895.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats Deniz. I have one of these on my Calumet C1, and it's quickly become my primary lens. I mounted mine in front of an old Packard shutter and had been having and absolute blast with it. Negs so sharp that it can hurt to look at 'em.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    86mm filters aren't too bad. The 105mm filters I have for another lens drop inside the filter threads on the 610mm Nikkor.

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...just tape the gel filters to the inside of the lensboard. I worked at a catalogue studio and that was out standard operating procedure...if we had had to have a complete set of cc filters for every lens in the house, we would have gon bankrupt.
    I've also read of someone who used HO scale model "I" beams from the hobby shop to make a frame on the inside of the lensboard that he could slip the gel filters into.

argon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin