Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,808   Online: 1070

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also like SF lenes. Have been looking for a 150mm SF for my RB-67 for some time now.

But I'm also interested in diffusion and SF filters and have been picking them up used in local camera shops and on Ebay.

Since y'all have an interest in lenses which are designed to be SF what is your opinion of modifying a "normal" sharp lens with diffusers &/or filters?

Terry Thomas
    Atlanta, Georgia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On diffusion during enlargements - years ago when I printed & processed my own color enlargemets with a 4x5 Omega enlarger and CC gels in a drawer I stumbled on this technique:

I stretched a piece of panty hose fabric in a wooden stretcher hoop.

With experimentation I found my piece of fabric ate up about 1 f stop.

If I made an enlargement with the fabric/hoop for 100% of the time the image had too much light moving from the shadows to the hightlight areas.

I ended up using the fabric/hoop for half the exposure time.
    For example if the "normal" undiffused exposure time was 10 seconds I would set the timer to 5 seconds. First I'd make an exposure with no diffusion for 5 seconds then I'd make two 5 second exposures thru the fabric/hoop. Also during the time the image was being diffused I'd move the fabric/hoop in small circles so any imperfections or pattern in the fabric would be blended together.

Just wondering... can I accomplish a similar effect in Photoshop CS? Hmmm.....

Terry Thomas
    Atlanta, Georgia USA

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin