Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,922   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    ...aaand now that my post count is up to 5, I can post this link. Here's the Graflex-approved method for doing this non-destructively, and without disassembling the shutter:

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=389

Also: everyone remember to be careful around trigger voltages on old flashes!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    By the way, (sorry! last post!) a few notes on actually performing this modification, as opposed to reading about it:

1. When they say "don't unscrew the flash post all the way," they're serious. Mine came off, revealing a tiny metal bushing. I didn't realize it was (a) spring loaded and (b) spring-extended with the bushing outside the body. I took one little tug at it to free some wire from a botched wrap, and it retracted back into the shutter frame. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to coax it back out again.

2. Because the bushing is spring loaded, the post will not appear to move out from the body as you unscrew it. So: unscrew it a little, and then gently pull up on the post; the bushing will extend from the body and give you space to slip in a little copper wire. You can then just screw it back it to tighten.

3. The wire needs to be pretty small, and flexible. I pulled a single strand out of some bundled speaker cable from my stereo.

Anyway, it works great. In my test setup I got a nice, big bright circle of light at 1/400s. This should work for any Kodak Flash Supermatic. Here's a pic, before I cover the vulnerable part.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash_mod.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	49003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin