Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,849   Online: 721

Shooter
    35mm

Universal Heliar

Hi!

Could anyone please tell me what should I expect to receive for a 36cm 4.5 Universal Heliar (uncoated), in great condition?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    very beautiful pictures!!

(don't really know about the boring part - money...)

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Do you have a buyer in mind? - If not, I am interested, but can not at this stage suggest a fair price - Meaning a price fair to both parties

Shooter
    Large Format
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    This one is also from romania. I listed it on ebay and I had an offer for a private sale at $1000. It's not mine, so I can't decide. We'll see how it goes.

Shooter
    35mm

universal 360

Check antique cameras.net...... If I were to sell mine the minimum would be $1,450. but it's not for sale. Good luck. Bill
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 04-05-2012 at 11:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There are only 300mm on the Antique camera site. But it does give an idea of the wide range these things go for.
    With ebay and Auctions such as in Europe the selling price is known.
    The actual selling prices on site's like this and LFPF are actually not usually known (asking prices are).
    Anyway you will find out on April 10 at 1300 pdt. if you don't pull the auction and take the $1000.
    Perhaps one reason why some may play their cards close to their chests, is to counter others playing two sides against the middle.
    Commerce is complicated.
    Heck I would give you $1001
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies. I'll see how it goes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When you check prices, note that the Universal Heliar, with the ring to adjust diffusion, usually goes for a good deal more than the regular Heliar without the ring (the one in my avatar is the latter).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    If anyone stumbles upon this, I just thought to mention it sold for $2,024.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin