Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,810   Online: 1118

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since the point of museums is to educate the public historically, I don't really get sad thinking of this camera sitting in a case for it's life. I certainly wouldn't call it a "waste". If it was given to one person to use, they would likely be the ONLY one getting anything from it. At least this way, many people can come in and be educated on large format photography. Hell, it might get someone interested enough in it to go out and buy one. That's how I got into large format a few years ago -seeing Yousuf Karsh's stuff on exhibit in a museum. I was inspired and in awe when I saw the prints and the technical skill that went into large format photography, how he treated the negatives, how he took the TIME to really get into his subjects and the QUALITY of the prints was unsurpassed. There's plenty of large format cameras out there for you to buy, own and use extensively. Just because one of them is locked up doesn't mean you need to be upset about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What museum was this in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganCAdams View Post
    What museum was this in?
    That would be the Ruinstone Museum, where the one and only Kensington Ruinstone lies. A piece of granite with Viking writing on it proving that the Vikings were in America long before Columbus. Not before the Native Americans of course.
    Check it out here: http://www.runestonemuseum.org/

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    Attachment 49240

As I was on vacation last week I stumbled upon this poor fella in a museum.

It was sad to think It will most likely never be used to take photographs again………what a waste…..such a waste........(head bowed over)
    Well, it's not being used. But it is being preserved - there are more of these cameras than people who know how to use them. Come to think of it, that's always been true. Look on the bright side, some halfwit could be glueing sequins on it and calling it art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    That would be the Ruinstone Museum, where the one and only Kensington Ruinstone lies. A piece of granite with Viking writing on it proving that the Vikings were in America long before Columbus. Not before the Native Americans of course.
    Check it out here: http://www.runestonemuseum.org/

Steve
    Ummm. It's "Runestone" not "ruinstone". Like it says in the link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Ummm. It's "Runestone" not "ruinstone". Like it says in the link.
    Too early in the am I guess, thanks for the correction.
    Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Isn't it being displayed oddly, with the ground glass towards the viewer's position and a dark cloth over the bellows? Or is it just my old age eyesight again? (Hum, sequins ... I wonder if I still have that old Bergheil around here ... :-) )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was using my 4x5 field on the weekend and a lady wandered over to tell me "they had one like that at home but no one knew how to use it"... but before I could suggest she send it to me she disappeared...

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Steal it!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What would be cool is if the museum would set it up to take portrait or group shots once or twice a year as a fund raiser.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin