Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,018   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Just adding my .02 about your tripod. I just got a 4x5 myself (Cambo SCX) after being away from large format for more than ten years, and I'm using the Bogen 3036 as well. It is amazingly solid, even when I have the camera all the way to the front of the rail and tilted down. It's like using a studio stand. I don't think it's overkill, I think it's perfect!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice! What did you get?

I am ready to build a system too, way too many requests for huge prints lately to ignore it, easier to control depth of field...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Regarding the tripod: That was my first LF tripod too. It is overkill for the field, and very heavy to hike. I made it up about 2/3 of the way up Yosemite Falls trail before declaring "enough!". (The massive head I chose was too much too.)

But others are right, it is solid as a rock (and as heavy as one). Once it is locked in, assuming a good head, nothing will move.

If you aren't planning long hikes with LF, don't worry, be happy. If you do plan to hike, your body will tell you when it is ready for a lighter 'pod. In the mean time, follow the advice. Shoot the lens you have, it will take you a long way.

I started with a 135mm, and only shot it for a couple of years before then adding a 90mm. I think it has been at least 7-8 years now, and I am only just now beginning to consider a longer lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    90mm for architectureand210for longeror portraits
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin