Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,586   Online: 1081

Thread: New find

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New find

Reckon it was my lucky day. The other day on the local community radio there was info about items down at the auction house. My ears pricked-up " Vintage 5x4 camera" .. so a quick trip into town and check it out.. Looked great so I placed my bid $450AU and won!.

The condition is very nice the only defect I can find is a bit of the vinyl trim is missing and on the wide-angle lens it wont lock on 'B' also the cable release post has been broken off.

This camera has a bit of history it was once owned by one of the photographers at the Albany Advertiser . Besides his work at the Advertiser back in the 60's he did freelance work for the Whaling station.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice find

For an MPP Micro Technical camera with 3 lenses that's a good price as well, bodies only often sell for £400 and more here in the UK if in reasonable condition. Derived of course fronm the Wartime Linhof so a verastile technical camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's great, enjoy.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like a great camera.

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin