Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,532   Posts: 1,572,648   Online: 973

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    I'll look for the 3M tape. But I'm in China, it may be impossible to find here...
    I have a lot of 3M467 at work. If you can't find any, I can post some to you (and anyone else who might want some).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, thanks Steve! But that's a loooong way away... Let me look around Beijing first, there must be a source here (heck, they probably make it here, they make everything else here...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, thanks Steve! But that's a loooong way away... Let me look around Beijing first, there must be a source here (heck, they probably make it here, they make everything else here...)
    Our factory in China uses a similar locally made material so you should be able to find something.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leon, nice post on the 45N-2 on your blog, some of the tips will be helpful. I'll be on the lookout for the cosmetic and alignment issues soon as mine shows to be in customs in San Francisco now...

I am already designing the bellows coat, will probably have it ready to go the day I get the camera.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Our factory in China uses a similar locally made material so you should be able to find something.

Steve.
    I don't suppose you would have the name of the Chinese product, would you? I tried an online search for the 3M product, nothing showed up on the usual shop online sites (360buy.com and taobao.com).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't suppose you would have the name of the Chinese product, would you?
    I will try to find out. The people who could tell me are not at work today so it might take a couple of days.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I am certainly open to suggestions, but it has to be a lightweight, not bulky solution. For example, I have no interest in owning a dark cloth, because it only serves one purpose, can not be worn as a layer of clothing in an emergency at high altitude while a dark mid weight layer can be used as a dark cloth such as when I was shooting at just over 12,000 feet last night...
    Won''t the Shen Hao bellows fit and isn't it IR safe? Contact Badger Graphics about a Shen Hao bellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roger,

They do fit but are something like $200. Vinny said they seemed to work fine on some tests with Konica film but when he left the dark slide out for a minute or more, he still got a little base fog. I would prefer to have none at all so...

I figure I already have the mylar and can make some nifty wrap that even has aluminum foil inside of the folds of the mylar. I like fabricating custom goodies so I bet this infrared drama quickly becomes non-drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Won''t the Shen Hao bellows fit and isn't it IR safe? Contact Badger Graphics about a Shen Hao bellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went out and shot with my new 45N-2 this evening....wow, it's like getting a custom camera for every shot. I even tried some funky off kilter stuff with a fair amount of swings and tilts and the whole operation just flowed.

If my FM3a or 501C/M is a stick, than the 45N-2 is a "Sticks". For the workmanship and engineering alone, this camera is a flat out bargain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I went out and shot with my new 45N-2 this evening....wow, it's like getting a custom camera for every shot. I even tried some funky off kilter stuff with a fair amount of swings and tilts and the whole operation just flowed.

If my FM3a or 501C/M is a stick, than the 45N-2 is a "Sticks". For the workmanship and engineering alone, this camera is a flat out bargain.
    Agreed.

Hugo replied regarding my leather wrap issue. He said the factory had no other solution and offered to give me a full refund. I declined that gracious offer, but instead will find a fix for it.

Question: I was in a shop today and saw some 3M 76 spray adhesive. I've used that stuff (or similar) for mounting and seem to recall that it is quite sticky. Does anyone know if it would permanently bind leather to carbon fiber (the Chamonix base material)? I'd hate to spray it on only to discover that it doesn't work, leaving me with a sticky camera.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin