Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,032   Online: 786

Shooter
    Large Format

Cambo C2N Problem

I've been using a Cambo C2N 120 roll film holder. The images are good, no light leak, but I'm having an interesting problem I am getting 11 exposures (6x7), not the 10 I'm supposed to get. That wouldn't be a problem, except the images are slightly overlapping, as if the film holder isn't advancing the film quite enough for 6x7.

Anyone know what's going on here?

David
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the images overlap, then obviously the film isnít advancing as itís supposed to. The 6 x 7 cm Cambo back should produce 10 properly-spaced frames without enough left for an 11th frame on 120 film.

I believe that these use a gear reduction drive to give the small film-advance hand wheel the necessary leverage to advance the film. I suspect that one of the gears is slipping on its shaft. This could happen if the hub of the gear is fastened to the shaft via a setscrew that has managed to loosen. Iíve not had reason to disassemble my Cambo roll film back, so this is only speculation.

If you donít wish to try the repair yourself, I suggest contacting the service department at Calumet Photographic, the US dealer in Cambo equipment. I have found Calumetís service department personnel knowledgeable and helpful. Calumet sells parts for Cambo equipment and services it as well.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, Ian. I'll take a quick look and consider sending it to Calumet. It's been pretty regularly overlapping frames. I hadn't used it in a while, and I don't remember it doing that in the past, so it must have just happened.
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin