Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 765

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What are these Copal shutters for?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2239[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	438.2 KB 
ID:	51175 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2240[1].jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	51176

OK, some of them have the speeds split on each side of the cocking arm. T to 15 on one side and 30 to 250 on the other side. The ring has a mark for each series of speeds (slow and fast)

A couple shutters have the normal progression of speeds without the break. They are threaded on the front so that Polaroid MP-3 and MP-4 lens will front mount. I got five or six of them at a sale. They are, at least appear to be, new in Copal bags.

Are there regular LF lens that mount in this small of a shutter?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi mike

if they are copal press shutters ( polaroid tominon +yrszax lenses went on them )
    they can be used with g claron lenses from what i remember ... they screw right into them
    without any machining/issues.

i have one that is fitted with a 127 tominon i use all the time .. great shutter!

that said they don't have a preview lever, so you have to either put the shutter on BULB and leave it open
    or use a second shutter release cable in the other port to keep the shutter open to focus.
    and if you use a long throw release, it will get caught and jam up the shutter. short throw little end is great.

have fun!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't "think" they are a press shutters as they are manually cocked like a normal shutter. To trip the shutter is just like a normal shutter in that the cable release trips an external lever. But you right, there is no preview switch, and no internal ports at all. I thought the term press means they are auto cocking, these are not.

Odd little ducks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have one of those -- it came off a polaroid device used in the scientific community to make copies of things -- the camera body was mounted on a large cone device to ensure precise focus, as i recall. I tossed it all but the lens and shutter, and the shutter on mine is jammed open and I haven't had time to mess with it. Includes the Tominon 5-inch lens..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are threaded on the front so that Polaroid MP-3 and MP-4 lens will front mount.
    Then they are threaded like a #1 at the front. What's the rear threading? #1s are female M40x0.75 in front, female M36x0.75 in the rear, and have tube length 20.00 mm.

If they conform to the spec they're #1s and quite useful. If not, they're good only for front mounting lenses in barrel, and most barrel lenses will need an adapter to fit. FWIW, I use many lenses front mounted on a #1 on my little Graphics.

Are there regular LF lens that mount in this small of a shutter?
    Many.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin