Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,693   Posts: 1,669,505   Online: 1006

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tryals15 View Post
    LOL. Fair enough.
    If you think this place is bad, go visit LFPF. They're a bunch of opinionated eclectic eccentric characters, some threads go on for pages while off topic. I think the mods have given up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not quite true about LFPI. I've been spanked a couple of times there... deservedly, I'll add. And... APUG members complaining about opinionated folks? Huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    If you think this place is bad, go visit LFPF. They're a bunch of opinionated eclectic eccentric characters, some threads go on for pages while off topic. I think the mods have given up.
    It, and this, are two of the most on-topic forums I visit of several, almost stultifying so to me at times. A matter of taste I guess.

And yes, THIS part of this post and the next sentence are OT.

One of my favorite private pilot forums is a place where thread creep, more like thread warp drive, is all but encouraged as an art form. I find it frankly liberating.

Back to topic: LFPF is mostly pretty on topic and a really good place for those interested in LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazed at the misinformed advice you got here.

It is of course a Pacemaker 4x5 Speed. The back is a Grafloc, makes little difference unless you get a roll film holder or Graphmatic multiple film back.

Get some nice plastic film holders, Fidelity, whatever. They are all pretty much the same. Check the darkslides for cracks, edges for light leaks. Clean them well, blow them out well. Pull the back off, clean the focus screen, don't get the fresnel lens put back in wrong.
    Clean the lens carefully, do a time test on the shutter. Keep your eyes peeled for a reasonable 150mm modern lens, but don't get rid of the original lens/shutter setup.

Have fun, spend money.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazed at some of the misinformed advice you got here.

It is of course a Pacemaker 4x5 Speed. The if the back is the same as the Crown, it is a Grafloc, makes little difference unless you get a roll film holder or Graphmatic multiple film back. The Crown looks nice also.

Get some nice plastic film holders, Fidelity, whatever. They are all pretty much the same. Check the darkslides for cracks, edges for light leaks. Clean them well, blow them out well. Pull the back off, clean the focus screen, don't get the fresnel lens put back in wrong.
    Clean the lens carefully, do a time test on the shutter. Keep your eyes peeled for a reasonable 150mm modern lens, but don't get rid of the original lens/shutter setup. Get a good loupe, focus on the groundglass.

Have fun, spend money.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Can you post a pic of the broken parts? I cannibalized a 4x5 Graphic camera years ago and might have what you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not with the camera right now, but using pictures already up here... It's the 1.5-2" brace that holds the back rail down (on both sides). The little lip that actually does the holding down has been sheared off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB-9156-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mean these bits

I bought two spares from an online seller and repaired mine, there a couple of people in the US who strip down Pacemaker Graphics for sp[are parts which they post on their own webites or Ebay. One was Canyonland Graphics (lakesgraphic on ebay) and the other just has a website but I can't think of his name off-hand.

Luckily I didn't need to many parts to rebuild two totally written off Speed Graphics but they are getting much more expensive now, so good luck

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, those are the bits. I will see what I can find on eBay...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found the lakesgraphic people, but nothing useful up at the moment, I suppose I shall just have to stalk them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I bought two spares from an online seller and repaired mine, there a couple of people in the US who strip down Pacemaker Graphics for sp[are parts which they post on their own webites or Ebay. One was Canyonland Graphics (lakesgraphic on ebay) and the other just has a website but I can't think of his name off-hand.

Luckily I didn't need to many parts to rebuild two totally written off Speed Graphics but they are getting much more expensive now, so good luck

Ian

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin