Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,954   Online: 798

Shooter
    Instant Films

Polaroid 4x5 Camera Advice

Hi everyone,

new to the forum. I've been shooting Type 100 Fuji packfilm for a few months and loving it. I have a 600SE camera and a Land 100, and would love to try the 4x5 stuff. Just for fun, nothing too serious. I'm completely lost with camera and back models. Hoping people have some suggestions for a 'light and portable' 4x5 setup that would work with the Fuji 4x5 film. I mainly shoot people, not landscapes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better run and get it, they just stopped making the 4x5 instant!
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably better to follow above advice...stick with the smaller 3.25 X 4.25 Fuji pack,
    using a 405 Polaroid, or PA-145 Fuji, instant pack back for your 4 X 5 camera.

The 550 Polaroid, and PA-45 backs, for the 4 X 5 instant pack film, still cost over
    $125-$150 USD, on the used market. The freshest existing 4 X 5 Fuji pack film will
    probably expire in less then 12 months, maybe sooner.

The 4 X 5 costs $3 a shot. The 3.25 X 4.25 costs at, or under, $1 a shot, and
    the smaller backs can be had for $40-$70 USD, on the used market.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    Probably better to follow above advice...stick with the smaller 3.25 X 4.25 Fuji pack,
    using a 405 Polaroid, or PA-145 Fuji, instant pack back for your 4 X 5 camera.

The 550 Polaroid, and PA-45 backs, for the 4 X 5 instant pack film, still cost over
    $125-$150 USD, on the used market. The freshest existing 4 X 5 Fuji pack film will
    probably expire in less then 12 months, maybe sooner.

The 4 X 5 costs $3 a shot. The 3.25 X 4.25 costs at, or under, $1 a shot, and
    the smaller backs can be had for $40-$70 USD, on the used market.

Marc
    The only bummer is that Fuji has stopped making the FP100b B&W film in 3x4. they still make the FP3000b, but I really don't care for it. Once my limited stash of 100 is gone, there is no more. Their color stuff is nice, though..
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it a good idea to buy a polaroid or instant back nowadays when they are to be discontinued?

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I've been using the smaller pack film for a few months and stupidly feel this urge to try the 4x5 before it's all gone from the world. Maybe I should rent a camera, shoot 1 pack for a specific project I have in mind then go back to the smaller pack film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want to get or try Fp100C45 anytime in the future, the time to get the film is now. It's becoming quite hard to find.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin