Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,793   Posts: 1,671,617   Online: 910

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shen-Hao FCL57-A or HZX57-IIA or similar alternative?

I am thinking of getting a 5x7 and using it almost exclusively with a 4x5 reducing back. I might use it for 5x7 at some point too. I've found that while my current 4x5 camera is great for wide angle lenses it doesn't handle +240mm copal 3 lenses to well. The weight is too much for the front end of the camera and therefore I though 5x7 would be idea.

Which of the Shen-Hao 5x7 (or other similarly priced 5x7 camera) would you recommend with the 4x5 reducing back and why? I would be shooting lenses from 75mm (recessed lensboard) to 300mm copal 3.

I have a 6x17 Dayi back for my current 4x5 Shen-Hao, but might have to invest in a 6x17 for the 5x7 to accommodate a wider selection of usable lenses.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been down this road...
    I have a Toyo 5x7 (metal folds up flat).with reducing back and such that I haven't used much... and wondering if I should keep. I guess outside the studio I am a 35mm and 6x6 cm shooter.

If you are interested... I'll send some photos.

I really like the http://www.argentumcamera.com/
    but not really worth the cost for what I do with them.
    Cheers....

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you have a 5x7 that you are thinking of selling I would appriciate some pictures

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info vpwphoto!

I decided to go with the HZX as I got a really good deal on it! I myself use use 35mm for street + friends photography, 6x6 and hopefully 5x7" for studio and 5x7" for landscape and architecture.

The Argumentum Cameras look amazing and the prices are quite affordable

My wife gives me hell when you leave the toilet seat up... so STOP leaving the toilet seat up!!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 5x7 I opted for the Canham Traditional... though I may never shoot 5x7 but 4x5 instead. I wanted the 7 inches of rear shift.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin