Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,207   Online: 976

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shen-Hao FCL57-A or HZX57-IIA or similar alternative?

I am thinking of getting a 5x7 and using it almost exclusively with a 4x5 reducing back. I might use it for 5x7 at some point too. I've found that while my current 4x5 camera is great for wide angle lenses it doesn't handle +240mm copal 3 lenses to well. The weight is too much for the front end of the camera and therefore I though 5x7 would be idea.

Which of the Shen-Hao 5x7 (or other similarly priced 5x7 camera) would you recommend with the 4x5 reducing back and why? I would be shooting lenses from 75mm (recessed lensboard) to 300mm copal 3.

I have a 6x17 Dayi back for my current 4x5 Shen-Hao, but might have to invest in a 6x17 for the 5x7 to accommodate a wider selection of usable lenses.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been down this road...
    I have a Toyo 5x7 (metal folds up flat).with reducing back and such that I haven't used much... and wondering if I should keep. I guess outside the studio I am a 35mm and 6x6 cm shooter.

If you are interested... I'll send some photos.

I really like the http://www.argentumcamera.com/
    but not really worth the cost for what I do with them.
    Cheers....

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you have a 5x7 that you are thinking of selling I would appriciate some pictures

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info vpwphoto!

I decided to go with the HZX as I got a really good deal on it! I myself use use 35mm for street + friends photography, 6x6 and hopefully 5x7" for studio and 5x7" for landscape and architecture.

The Argumentum Cameras look amazing and the prices are quite affordable

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 5x7 I opted for the Canham Traditional... though I may never shoot 5x7 but 4x5 instead. I wanted the 7 inches of rear shift.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin