Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,192   Online: 1061

Shooter
    35mm

Vintage LF camera ads

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to put this so I selected here because the first cameras are large format:

Here's a 1936 camera ad series from Chicago:

http://www.retronaut.co/2012/06/cent...-catalog-1936/

Prices and everything!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing that! I remember going to Central Camera Co. when I was in college - about 1958 I think. It was a wonderful place.
    One of my camera collection favorites is a Ihagee Parvola, which is in this catalog. It takes 127 film, has a f3.5 uncoated Ihagee lens in a Compur 1 to 1/300 sec. shutter. The lens mount is on a double helix thread that screws in and out for collapsing and focusing. Flip up viewfinder. All in all, a very neat and compact camera. The photos are very vintage looking.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! It's amazing to see how some of these cameras are still in use, take great pictures and are valued so many years later. Can't say that about any digital set up today. Give it 10 years and you won't be able to find a memory card or software to download the files. Not to mention the value drops as soon as the camera leaves the dealer... hmmm, that sounds familiar
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin