Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,886   Online: 1198

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read something to the effect of drying the front (didn't say how, though) then taping it to a sheet of glass and painting the back with household bleach to remove the backing. Not difficult, exactly, but harder than sticking a 55 neg into a sulphite bath and you'd also have to find a way to carry the tacky things ("the gunky stuff" as my wife calls it) back from the field without them sticking together or causing damage to the negative.

I might try this, though. I only shoot the 3.25x4.25. I saw no reason to buy a back for film no longer made even if I could still buy the Fuji stuff (for way more money than the quarter plate size) and maybe find some left over Polaroid from time to time. Then I'd have to find either a quarter plate negative carrier for my D2 or get a universal glass and overcome my hatred of / lifelong fight against dust.

But even the B&W is apparently more like a C41 negative so it would probably work very well for other methods not to be discussed here which also make dust easier to deal with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the FP100c negs dry in a few minutes usually. I bring them home from the field, w/o trouble once they are dry to the touch.

I was able to score 11 boxes of the 4x5 material recently (at normal prices, not the hugely inflated prices on eprey and elsewhere now) so that should last for a little while. I too hate the fact the 4x5 stuff is ridiculously expensive vs. the smaller version. that makes no sense.

-Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin