Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,729   Online: 903

Shooter
    35mm

Newbie question - accessing aperture ring on a recessed lens board

I just picked up a Calumet cc400 at a decent price, and it came with an Angulon 90/6.8 mounted on a recessed lens board.

This is my first large format camera, and I have perhaps an obvious question - with this lens on the recessed lens board, the lever to change the aperture is on the top of the back-most ring of the lens/shutter assembly - meaning my relatively stubby fingers can only change the aperture a couple of stops, and then I can't get at it anymore at the lens board/lens' narrowest point as it approaches the top.

Surely this isn't a new problem - do people with this issue just carry around a narrow pen or popsicle stick or something similar to change the aperture (ex, changing from f/6.8 to focus on the ground glass and then back to f/16-32 for the actual exposure), or is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Thanks!
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blunt tweezers.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use the plunger end of the attached cable release. It's always handy.

Doremus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin